Depression Treatment | Denver & Boulder

Have Questions? Call Now: (720) 785-0843

Have you ever wondered if you are experiencing depression?

Many people experience feelings of sadness from time to time in their lives.  However, if you feel you are experiencing extreme or persistent sadness, it may indicate you are experiencing a depressive disorder. 

Depression is often associated with symptoms such as low interest in usual activities, low motivation to do things, changes in sleep or appetite, low energy, feelings of hopelessness or excessive guilt, difficulties with concentration, or other possible symptoms.  

Oftentimes when people are experiencing a depressive disorder, they may have difficulty pinpointing external factors their sadness may be related to.  They may also find that their depressive symptoms interfere with their daily lives in ways such as not wanting to get out of bed, go to work, socialize, or engage in their hobbies. 

There are also various forms of depression such as depression that seems to persist over time, depression that presents from time to time, and depressive times that seem to alternate with times of elevations in mood and energy.

If left untreated, depressive symptoms have the potential to interfere with aspects of your life such as school, work, goals, and social life.  It is important to seek help if you are experiencing any of these symptoms when you first notice them. 

Depression can be treated in a variety of ways such as with medications and psychotherapy.  

Different forms of psychotherapy used to treat depression can include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic psychotherapy, or supportive psychotherapy.

If you are wondering if you are experiencing a depressive disorder and are interested in learning about treatment options, feel free to contact Boulder and Denver area psychiatrist, Dr. Rebecca Dolgin, to inquire about the potential for scheduling an appointment.

If you ever feel your symptoms are extreme or if you ever experience thoughts of self harm, it is recommended that you call 911/ go to your nearest emergency room.